- Gooseberry – As you’ve never seen it before!
- Gooseberry – a special place for birders, casual or very serious – now radar enhanced!
- Sharks! Well, maybe . . .but the news folks were sure there
- New bird for me – I think – maybe – well, a nice bird any ways!
- Summer solstice sunrise and more. . .
- Ok folks, the reason I called this meeting . . .
Search Gooseberry Journal
Author Archives: Greg Stone
Well, assuming you are not a helicopter pilot or drone flyer you have never seen Gooseberry like this! This video was created by David Sprogis who kindly gave me permission to embed it here. It’s a tad longish, so come here and … Continue reading
Paul Champlin, who has helped me repeatedly to identify birds I’ve seen and photographed on Gooseberry, has his own blog with this fascinating post that explores why Gooseberry is such a key spot for birding and how he uses internet … Continue reading
Yesterday a man who authorities obviously believed reported two large sharks off Gooseberry causing officials to close Horseneck and other nearby beaches to swimmers. Today I went for my usual walk on Gooseberry and a Channel 12 news car pulled … Continue reading
Well, on Thursday I got home from a 90-minute walk around Gooseberry and looked at my pictures and said wow! That’s a spotted sandpiper – I’ve never seen one before. My problem is when I search this journal I find … Continue reading
About 1 am EDT the Sun – our favorite star – was at it’s most northern point, so I trotted out to Gooseberry this morning and got this shot about 5:12 am from the parking lot overlooking the boat ramp. … Continue reading